Monday, October 08, 2007







So.... I am getting so tired of working on the house. It is really hard work. This weekend was painting baseboards then putting them in. We did the back splash in the kitchen. I must say it is looking beautiful and I feel a lot of pride in our work. But then again I will be happy when it is done. We still have the hall downstairs and the two bathrooms to do. I feel like it is never ending. We are debating on maybe putting in lament flooring below the stairs in that hall and the downstairs bath in the leftover tile. We don't think we have enough to do it all in tile. Besides, I am sick of tiling. Upstairs maybe some lament in my sink area with tile in the bathroom itself. Then probably tile in the guest bath. Any opinions. I would love to hear them. I wish we were rich enough sometimes to pay and have everything done because it probably would of been done along time ago. But we are getting closer that is for sure.

Melissa and I went out and took the kids to the park, out to lunch then to the dollar store. It was good to see them because I have been so busy that I haven't got to see them lately. After I got back I got back to work on the house. Joy!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Dicksons said...

WOW! That kitchen looks AWESOME!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Candi said...

Ditto what the Dickson's said! Totally amazing! What a dream kitchen! I would love that someday!

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Diane said...

Hey there, Dear Sister,

I am sorry that you are tiring so. But it makes sense with all the work that you are doing. I wish I was an expert to tell you what would be the next smart move. Maybe whatever you do, you should take a break and back off of any deadline you have given yourself (even our upcoming visit). Just go do some relaxing thing until you feel like getting at it again. I don't mean for weeks or months or anything, just a break of some kind. Then whatever you do it will be fine. We have the sacreligious laminate with tile. It works anyway.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Diane said...

Another note----- Your kitchen looks so absolutely gorgeous. To think you and Scott did so much of the work makes it even more beautiful, if that is possible. WOW! WOW! WOW! I am really impressed. Congratulations! How could I have forgotten to compliment you? It must be that part of me that needs to console (and advice). It could be the "oldest sister" syndrome.

9:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home