Monday, September 03, 2007






Okay, so I have never done so much painting in my life. I believe I am becoming a professional after all! It started this past June in my upstairs bedroom then moved to the downstairs to the kitchen, then helping Diane and Ron do their bedroom. Came home and on to my dining room, living room, ceiling, beams and all! ( I told Matt you live and learn. Before putting beams up....Paint the ceiling.) I probably spent three times longer doing it this way. I was tempted to just do the beams white and that would of been a lot easier. However when I tried one that way it just didn't look as good as doing them the sandstone color. We actually found a brown tepee color that we thought would look good so we bought two gallons so we could do all the beams and a couple of accent walls but after doing one of the beams and some of the wall I thought better of it also so back to the sandstone and that also caused more work. Oh well it is looking good so it will be worth it in the end! And Scott started the floors too. they are looking good too! Hopefully the downstairs will be done by the time Diane and Ron stop by in November. It really should because we just need to finish the floors a bit of paint the carpet and the baseboards! It has been lots of work!

Derrick came down last night with his girl friend Katie. He actually came to do the football draft with Scott but I will take what I can get! We are going out to dinner tonight after the draft to a new barbecue place with Melissa and Matt and the kids. I will try and get some pictures of everyone then. Happy Labor Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

It is so great to see things shaping up around your house. I love it. Can't wait to see it in November. I am sure the time will fly. Aren't these blogs fun?

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Candi said...

The house looks great! All of these renovations are so inspiring!

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Dadio said...

I'm really impressed by the quality of the work you guys are doing. It looks terrific so far. You are such a perfectionist compared to my crummy work habits. You are both truly HG certified. Looking forward to seeing you.

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home